The 2017 season of FIFA’s Confederations Cup is all set to play from 17th June and 8 national football teams ready to make preparations for next year’s football world cup in Russia. Tournament is going to be absolute cracker of the sport as top international sides will take on each other in group and knockout stage matches to become champion.
FIFA Confederations Cup 2017 Facts
1. It will be tenth edition of FIFA Confederations Cup in 2017 since its inception in 1997.
2. This is the first time ever when Russia to host FIFA Confederations Cup in the history of championship since 1997.
3. This is first ever occasion when four time Confederation Cup winner Brazil Football team will not be a part of the tournament. Brazil failed to qualify for 2017 fifa confederations cup after losing 2015 Copa America quarter-final against Paraguay.
4. Australia football team became first team from multiple confederations to make it through to FIFA Confederations Cup’s 10th edition after winning 2015 AFC Asian Cup.
5. Portugal and Chile are the new teams in FIFA Confederations Cup as both sides never appeared in the tournament previously. Portugal qualified for the championship by winning 2016 UEFA Euro event meanwhile Chile won 2015 Copa America to enter 2017 Confederations Cup.
6. FIFA announced special category 4 tickets for local Russia residents and ticket price begins from 960 RUB. Meanwhile other categories tickets price starts from 70$.
7. Goal Line Technology (Goal Decision System) will be used for the first time in Confederations Cup. The technology was used first time during the 2014 world cup in Brazil.
8. Three national football teams (Russia, Chile and Portugal) to make competition debut in FIFA Confederations Cup 2017. It will be first time when three nations to make debut together in any Confederations Cup.