10 Crazy Facts about FIFA World Cup 2026
The 23rd edition of FIFA World Cup is set to be the grand one and will be hosted by Canada, Mexico and United States in 2026. After moving from 2022 Qatar World Cup, we’d look forward for FIFA world cup United 2026.
Let’s checkout some interesting and crazy facts, stats and figures about 2026 football world cup.
1. The 2026 world cup will be first event when 48 national football teams to contest in tournament’s history.
2. It will be first occasion when three countries (namely United States, Mexico, Canada) to host a FIFA World Cup.
3. Mexico to be the only nation to host or co-host a soccer world cup. Country hosted 1970 and 1986 championships.
4. 2026 FIFA World Cup will be 1st world cup when 80 matches to take place in a FIFA WC.
5. Texas’ AT&T Stadium in Arlington is having capacity of 1,00,000 and it can host final of 48-team world cup. It will be the largest stadium to host matches in 2026.
6. Toronto’s BMO Field stadium is the smallest venue of tournament and it will have 45000 capacity after stadia’s renovation.
7. FIFA to earn $11 Billion (9.25 Billion Euros) profit from 2026 United world cup.
8. 5.8 Million tickets are projected to be sold for the competition which will generate 2.5$ billion.
9. Commercial hospitality during 2026 FIFA World Cup is expected to produce 1-1.5 billion USD.
10. It is projected that on the opening day of tournament, all three hosting countries will host a match.