New Zealand are taking on Sri Lanka in the opening match of 2015 world cup today at Hagley Oval in Christchurch. The match is schedule to kicks off at 11:00 local time. Live telecast of this Sri Lanka vs Blackcaps match can be enjoyed on Star Sports and starsports.com is the website to watch live streaming of world cup’s opening game.
You can get latest match updates, toss, scores, playing XIs and full coverage with us here.
Toss: Sri Lanka won toss and chose to bowl first.
– Match delayed due to rain.
– New Zealand beat Sri Lanka by 98 runs in the first game of world cup.
– Sri Lanka all out for 233.
– 9th wicket down. Malinga out.
– Captain Mathews out. New Zealand is on the way to win opening game of 2015 world cup.
– 7th wicket down. SL-200/7.
– Sri Lanka 183/6 in 36 overs.
– SL need 195 runs in 150 balls.
– Sri Lanka is in trouble. Kumar sangakkara out. He made 39.
– Big wicket for Blackcaps. Mahela Jayawardene out for a duck. This was his 28th duck. SL- 125/3. Vettori took Jayawardene’s wicket.
– Thirimanne out. He made 65 in 60 balls. SL- 124/2 in 22 overs.
– Sri Lanka completes 100 runs in 19 overs with Sangakkara’s superb boundary on the last ball of 19th over.
– Thirimanne completes fifty in 45 balls.
– SL – 74/1 in 15 overs. Thirimanne 46 (41).
– Daniel Vettori dismissed Dilshan in 13th over. SL- 67/1 in 13 overs. Dilshan made 24.
– Sri Lanka 46/0 in 10 overs. Steady start from Dilshan and Thirimanne.
– SL – 15/0 in 4 overs.
New Zealand Inning
– NZ – 331/6 in 50 overs.
– Anderson made 75 runs in 46 balls including 8 fours and 2 sixes.
– Corey Anderson completes 50 in 36 balls.
– Anderson and Ronchi finishing things in their style and hitting bowl all over the park.
– NZ – 258/5 in 43.5 overs.
– Grant Elliott and Corey Anderson got partnership of 66 runs before Elliott out on 29. Lakmal takes 2nd wicket in the match.
– Mendis takes another blow on consecutive second ball as Ross Taylor dismissed. He made 14.
– Jeevan Mendis dismissed Williamson on 57 in 65 balls.
– Kane Williamson completes fifty in 59 balls.
– New Zealand reacched to 150 in 26.6 overs.
– Suranga Lakmal takes first wicket for Sri Lanka.Guptil got out on 49. NZ – 136/2 in 22.2 overs.
– Rangana Herath gets first wicket for SL. McCullum is dismissed on 65. New Zealand was 111/1 in 15.5 overs.
– NZ reached to 100 in 13.2 overs.
– Captain McCullum completed half-century in 35 balls.
– After completion of mandatory power play New Zealand is at 77 for 0 wickets loss.
– NZ completes 50 runs in 7.1 overs.
– New Zealand – 38/0 in 5 overs.
– Brendon McCullum hits boundary on the last ball of first over that Kulasekara bowled. NZ-6/0.
New Zealand: Brendon McCullum (Captain), Martin Guptil, Kane Williamson, Ross Taylor, Grant Elliott, Corey Anderson, Luke Ronchi, Daniel Vettori, Adam Milne, Tim Southee and Trent Boult.
Sri Lanka: Angelo Mathews (Captain), Tillakaratne Dilshan, Lahiru Thirimanne, Kumar Sangakkara, Mahela Jayawardene, Dimuth Karunaratne, Jeevan Mendis, Nuwan Kulasekara, Suranga Lakmal, Rangana Herath and Lasith Malinga.