Rishabh Pant is a professional Indian cricketer who competes in domestic cricket and plays for Delhi. He is a left-handed wicket-keeper batsman who made debut for national team in January 2017 when he got chance to play against England cricket team in an international twenty20 match.
Let’s have a look at some of the amazing and interesting facts about Rishabh Pant.
Interesting Facts about Rishabh Pant
1. Rishabh Pant became the youngest cricketer to debut for India at international level when played T20I versus England on 1st February 2017.
2. In his starting domestic career, he slammed triple century against Maharashtra during 2016-17 Ranji Trophy season. He became third youngest Indian cricketer and fourth overall in domestic cricket world to score triple hundred. Pant made 308 runs for Delhi in 326 balls against Maharashtra.
3. Rishabh Pant was trained by the coach Tarak Sinha who also coached Shikhar Dhawan. On coach’s advice Rishabh moved to Rajasthan to get more opportunities in the sport. He finally selected for Rajasthan team and played Under-14 and under-16 level cricket for Rajasthan.
4. Pant holds the record of scoring fastest U-19 fifty as the left-handed batsman whacked 78 runs in 24 balls. However he reached to half-century in just 18 balls against Nepal during Under-19 cricket world cup 2016.
5. Rishabh’s father Rajendra Pant passed away during 2017 IPL season while cricketer was with Delhi Daredevils team. He completed last rites in Haridwar.
6. Australian legendary wicket-keeper Adam Gilchrist was Rishabh Pant’s childhood idol.
7. Rishabh also scored the fastest Ranji hundred as he hit ton in just 48 balls against Jharkhand.
8. One of the most awkward moments in Pant’s career was when he was rejected. Yes, Rishabh was rejected by Rajasthan citing he was ‘Outsider’. However before leaving Rajasthan, he’d represented Rajasthan at U-14 and U-16 levels.
9. During 2017 IPLT20, Pant smashed brilliant 97 runs in just 43 balls that everyone praised. World cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar also appreciated his match winning knock and cited it as the best inning he ever watched in all 10 Indian Premier League editions.
10. In 2016 IPL auction, Delhi Daredevils bought him for whooping 1.90 crore rupees. Interestingly on that day, he smashed brilliant hundred against Namibia Under19 team in world cup. Pant made 111 runs in 96 balls against Namibia.
What do you think about this young Indian cricketer Rishabh Pant? Share your thoughts in comment section.