2020 Summer Olympics are going to be the biggest Olympic Games ever in the history of sporting event. Tokyo will be hosting 32nd Olympiads are set to be more exciting, entertaining with advance technology and new sports.
Let’s have a look at some of the interesting, fascinating and exciting facts about 2020 Tokyo Olympics which you should know.
2020 Olympic Games Facts
1. Japan’s Tokyo will be hosting Summer Olympics for the second time. Previously Tokyo hosted mega sporting event for athletes in 1964.
2. Originally games were scheduled to hold in 2020 but due to Coronavirus pandemic, IOC postponed the games to 2021 and will be played from 23 July to 8 August.
3. Tokyo to become fifth city which has hosted Olympics more than once.
4. It will be first summer Olympic Games when 33 sports to take place. Five new sports baseball/softball, surfing, karate, sport climbing and skateboarding have been introduced to 2020 Olympics. Eventually baseball and softball are returning to the 32nd games after missing in previous two editions.
5. 2020 Tokyo Olympic medals to be designed by recycling old electronic devices. Old electronic devices to be recycled to produce more than 5000 medals to awardees.
6. Facial Recognition System to be used first time in Olympic Games at Tokyo in 2020. NEC to provide facial recognition system.