International Cricket Council has declared 14 warm-matches schedule to be played before 2015 world cup main event begins. All participating 14 teams will have got chance to play two one-day games as practice matches just before 2015 cricket world cup starting from 14th February in New Zealand/Australia.
In the first warm-up match hosts Australia to play India on 8 February at Adelaide Oval. Final practice match will be played on 13 Feb between Afghanistan and UAE at Junction Oval. Cricket fans in Australia and New Zealand can enjoy these practice matches of world cup 2015 for free as ICC is not charging for these warm-up games. But still you need ticket to enter in the ground.
The ODI format will be followed in the warm up games but as the purpose of these matches is to give teams practice ahead of world cup, ICC has allowed teams to introduce all 15 members of squad to take part in the match though at the fielding time only 11 players will be allowed. Let’s have a look at the schedule and fixtures of 2015 ICC world cup warm-up matches.
All 14 warm-games schedule
- 8 February: Australia v India at Adelaide Oval
- 9 February: South Africa v Sri Lanka at Hagley Oval
- 9 February: New Zealand v Zimbabwe at Lincoln Oval
- 9 February: England v West Indies at Sydney Cricket Ground
- 9 February: Pakistan v Bangladesh at Blacktown
- 10 February: India v Afghanistan at Adelaide Oval
- 10 February: Ireland v Scotland at Blacktown
- 11 February: South Africa v New Zealand at Hagley Oval
- 11 February: Sri Lanka v Zimbabwe at Lincoln Oval
- 11 February: Australia v United Arab Emirates at MCG
- 11 February: England v Pakistan at SCG
- 12 February: West Indies v Scotland at SCG
- 12 February: Bangladesh v Ireland at Blacktown
- 13 February: Afghanistan v United Arab Emirates at Junction Oval