The 10th edition of Rugby World Cup will be played in 2023 year and many of the fans will be desperate to know where the 2023 world cup be played?
Well World Rugby granted RWC 2023 tournament hosting rights in 2017 as France, Ireland and South Africa were in the race to acquire the rights. On 15th November 2017, French Rugby Federation’s bid was chosen and it is confirmed that 2023 rugby world cup to be held in France.
Obviously, the previous edition to 2023, 2019 rugby world cup is scheduled to be played in Japan which became first Asian country to host a world cup of rugby sport. France hosted 2007 world cup as well which was claimed by South Africa defeating England in the final.
Hence it will be second occasion when rugby world cup is being played in France. Initially there were 12 cities chosen to host the matches but it’s reduced to nine now.
2023 rugby world cup host cities (Capacity)
- Stade de France, Paris (80,698)
- Stade Velodrome, Marseille (67,394)
- Parc Olympique Lyonnais, Lyon (59,186)
- Stade Pierre-Mauroy, Lille (50,157)
- Matmut Atlantique, Bordeaux (42,115)
- Stade Geoffroy Guichard, Saint-Etienne (41,965)
- Allianz Riviera, Nice (35,624)
- Stade de la Beaujoire, Nantes (35,322)
- Stadium de Toulouse, Toulouse (33,150)
Tournament will be played from 8 September to 21 October.