We are just few hours away for the biggest cricket match on the planet as two arch rivals India and Pakistan are going to face each other today in 2015 world cup match. Both countries fans are just desperate to watch today’s match and enjoy the Sunday. Indo-Pak clash always been exciting and full with drama throughout the match.
In cricket world cups both sides have met five times in previous occasions and each time Indian cricket team defeated Pakistan comprehensively. Both sides met in 1992, 1996, 1999, 2003 and 2011 ICC world cups in which Pakistan batting caused the game.
Head to head
India 5:0 Pakistan (World Cups)
India 4:3 Pakistan (In Australia)
X- Factors in the match for both teams
India: Virat Kohli
Pakistan: Mohammad Irfan
There are some facts about today’s India-Pakistan battle:
1. This is the first occasion when Sachin Tendulkar will not be a part of team India in this big match. He was awarded man of the match three times against Pakistan in world cups (1992, 2003 and 2011).
2. India never all out against Pakistan in world cups. Pakistan were bowled out in 1992, 1999 and 2011 cricket world cups.
See more: IND-PAK match full coverage
3. Saeed Anwar is the only batsman who scored century in India-Pakistan world cup clashes. He scored 101 in 2003 world cup game.
4. The tickets for PAK-IND match 2015 were sold out in 15 minutes.
5. Sachin Tendulkar is the leading run scorer in cricket world cups against Pakistan by 313 runs.
Both Pakistan and India have lost their previous matches on the Australia/New Zealand tour. So winning this match both teams will try to get some momentum for world cup.
Key players in the match:
Dhoni, Rohit, Kohli, Yadav, Misbah, Younis, Afridi, Irfan and Riaz.
India will be depending on MS Dhoni, Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli and Suresh Raina to bat well in today’s match. On the other hand Pakistan team is highly reliable on Misbah, Younis Khan, Umar Akmal, Mohammad Irfan and Wahab Riaz.
Pakistan will be looking to take the revenge of 2011 world cup semi-final match defeat whereas India will be eager to maintain their dominance.
Expected Playing 11s
|MS Dhoni (Captain)||Misbah-ul-Haq (Captain)|
|Rohit Sharma||Nasir Jamshed|
|Shikhar Dhawan||Ahmed Shehzad|
|Virat Kohli||Haris Sohail|
|Ajinkya Rahane||Younis Khan|
|Suresh Raina||Umar Akmal|
|Ravindra Jadeja||Sohaib Maqsood|
|Mohammed Shami||Shahid Afridi|
|Mohit Sharma||Mohammad Irfan|
|R Ashwin||Wahab Riaz|
|Umesh Yadav||Ehsan Adil|
A highly pressure game and the team who control their nerves on the key moments will win the match.